Device Funktions & Components
- MIG/MAG – Metal arc gas welding with direct current (DC). You can weld with inactive / inert (MIG, e.g., argon) or active (MAG, e.g., CO2) gases. Gas and welding wire come from a torch head and allow the work to be carried out with just one hand.
- Synergic wire feed: The welding current controls the wire feed speed entirely in accordance with the welding current.
- 2 in 1 combined device – MIG/MAG & MMA welding with up to 270 A.
- IGBT Technology – latest transistor technology enables highest power. No transformer, no MOSFET, modern IGBT.
- Lightweight & compact design – only 16,6 kg and dimensions of 590 x 220 x 590 mm. Innovative IGBT transistors save space and weight compared to the old MOSFET technology. No heavy carrying!
Device Features & Benefits
- Highest efficiency & performance – Three phase current (400 V) supplies the device and allows an output power of real 270 amperes.
- Smart cooling & overheating protection – modern technology, built-in overheat protection and high-performance cooling allow you to get maximum Performance.
- Automatic wire feed– the wire feed speed is automatically controlled by the set welding current.
- Inductance – infinitely adjustable chocke, which smooths the welding current and improves the welding quality and ignition properties.
- 4 wire drive - reliable and powerful wire feed. Thanks to 4 drive rollers, even thicker wires are continuously and safely conveyed.
- Voltage – Variable voltage control to manually adjust the burn-in and burn-off of the wire, so the different properties of different materials can be taken into account.
- Manual wire thrust – no loss of gas or tedious pushing-through of the wire any more. If a new wire roll is to be fed through the hose package, this is done conveniently from the unit with the red wire feed button when the hose package is laid out.
- Wire spool – commonly available 5 kg to 15 kg wire rolls can be processed here. The spool can accommodate 50 mm spools.
- Wire drive reel – different wire thicknesses can be used by simply changing the drive roller from 0.8mm to 1.0mm.
- MMA / Stick electrode welding– is a universal welding process.
- Note: The unit is not intended for use in residential areas where power is supplied by a public low-voltage power supply system. It may be difficult to ensure electromagnetic compatibility in these areas due to both conducted and radiated interference.
|Output current||45-270 A|
|Power supply||400 V AC (+-15%) / 3 ~ (three phase)|
|Maximum mains current (I1max) MIG / MMA||13.6 A / 15.2 A|
|Maximum effective mains current (I1eff) MIG / MMA||4.3 A / 4.8 A|
|Dimensions L x W x H (mm)||590 x 220 x 590|
|Mains connection||CEE 16|
|Standards||IEC 60974-1; EN 60974-10 (Class A)|
- The welding device STAHLWERK MIG MAG 270 ST.
- Professional MIG hose package "AK-25"/ 4 meter hose package with euro central connection.
- MIG accessory set 3-pieces (already pre - assembled on the MIG/MAG torch):
- 1 × gas nozzle
- 1 × gas nozzle carrier
- 1 × contact tip
- Ground cable 5 meters.
- Electrode holder 5 meter.
- Chipping hammer
- Wire brush
- Gas hose with snap-on quick coupling 5 meters.
- Wire guide roller 1.0 mm & 1.2 mm (0.8 mm & 1.0 mm is already built into the unit)
Note: The units of the latest generation may contain details that differ from the product images shown here. In the new design, the STAHLWERK lettering and the reference to the IGBT technology are omitted, as this is now installed as standard. We will update the pictures as soon as possible.
Note for our United Kingdom customers:
Please note that import duties and United Kingdom Import VAT apply to goods valued at £135 or more. Customs will only release the delivery once the customs duties have been paid.
Therefore, please note the delivery status by checking the tracking number.