Device Funktions & Components
- MIG/MAG - metal arc welding with direct current (DC). Welding can be done with inactive/inert (MIG, e.g. argon) or with active (MAG, e.g. CO2) gases. Gas and welding wire come out of one torch head and allow welding work to be carried out with only one hand.
- Fully synergic device: The voltage (volts) and the wire feed are automatically adjusted to the set welding current. This makes the unit very easy to use, especially for beginners.
- 5 in 1 combination unit - MIG/MAG, flux cored, lift TIG & MMA welding is possible up to 160 A.
- IGBT Technology - Latest and most modern transistor technology enables highest performance and a high duty cycle (ED)! No transformer, no MOSFET, state-of-the-art IGBT!
- Lightweight & compact design - only 4.5 kg weight and dimensions of 320 x 140 x 260 mm. Innovative IGBT transistors save space and weight compared to the old MOSFET technology. No more heavy carrying!
Device Features & Benefits
- Highest Efficiency & Power - Single phase AC (230 V) supplies the welder and allows an output power of real 160 Amps.
- Smart Cooling & Overheat Protection - State of the art technology, integrated overheat protection and high performance cooling allow maximum power to be accessed.
- Flux-cored wire - all our units can use flux-cored wire. This allows welding without shielding gas.
- Automatic wire feed - the speed of the wire feed is automatically controlled by the set welding current.
- Automatic voltage control (volts) - the voltage automatically adjusts to the set welding current.
- Wire reel - commercially available wire reels 1 kg can be processed here. The spool mandrel can take 16 mm spools.
- Wire drive roller - by simply changing the drive roller, different wire thicknesses can be used (0.6 mm / 0.8 mm / 1.0 mm).
- MMA electrode welding / MMA welding - is a universal welding process. No shielding gas is required.
- Lift TIG - With a separately available (not included) hose package, the unit can also be used to weld DC TIG (strike ignition).
Note: Observe the correct amperage for a perfect welding result:
For welding with 0.6 wire, at least 60 amps are required
Welding with 0.8 wire requires at least 80 amps
For welding with 1.0 wire at least 100 amps are needed
Note: The unit is not intended for use in residential areas where power is supplied by a public low-voltage power supply system. It may be difficult to ensure electromagnetic compatibility in these areas due to both conducted and radiated interference.
|Model||MIG MAG-160 M|
|Output current MIG/MAG | TIG | MMA||40 – 160 A|
|Mains voltage||1 x 230 V AC (+-15%)|
|Mains frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Maximum mains current (I1max) MIG/MAG | TIG | MMA||26.3 A | 19.5 A | 31.5 A|
|Largest effective mains current (I1eff) MIG/MAG | TIG | MMA||8.3 A | 6.2 A | 10 A|
|Dimensions L x W x H (mm)||320 x 140 x 260|
|Mains connection||CEE 7/7 Schuko plug|
|Standards||IEC 60974-1; EN 60974-10 (Class A)|
- Welding device STAHLWERK MIG 160 M IGBT
- Professional MIG welding torch "AK-15" / hose package 2 metres. This is permanently installed on the unit
- MIG accessory set 3-piece (this is already pre-mounted on the MIG/MAG torch): 1 × gas nozzle, 1 × current nozzle 0.8 mm, 1 × gas nozzle holder
- Welding shield
- 0.5 kg filler wire roll 0.8 mm
- Earth cable 3 metre
- Electrode holder 3 metre
- Gas connection hose with quick coupling 5 metres
- Wire guide roller 0.6 mm & 0.8 mm (0.8 mm & 1.0 mm is already installed in the unit)
Note for our United Kingdom customers:
Please note that import duties and United Kingdom Import VAT apply to goods valued at £135 or more. Customs will only release the delivery once the customs duties have been paid.
Therefore, please note the delivery status by checking the tracking number.